Friday, July 6, 2007

Introductions

The basis of this blog is to chronicle my transition from a landlubber to a full time liveaboard, as well as provide ideas and inspiration for other wannabe liveaboards and hopefully even some seasoned ones as well. I have several friends that live aboard already and I spend a great deal of time on their boats. They will be of great help to me as I save and hunt for just the right boat, as well as give me ideas to post about that may be of some use to others, like how to keep cooler in the summer, or how to deal with limited space.

My plans are to buy a sailboat around 30ft within the next year and eventually after living aboard for a while do some cruising, perhaps as far as Hawaii if I feel comfortable enough. This is all subject to change and I will surely go into detail as to why I want what I do and with experience once I do get a boat of my own. One thing is for sure, I really want to be able to become self sufficient energy wise, and be able to go sailing on a moment's notice.

So here's to the start of a new journey, from poor land-bound bachelor to hopeful world cruiser.

No comments: