Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Different Reactions

I apologize that I haven't been posting much lately. I've been rebuilding a West Marine store in Tampa, which consumes a whopping 11-13 hours of my day. Not to worry though, I have thrown some more money in the bank towards the boat, and I'm getting tons of overtime and bonus pay for this, all of which is also going towards my future boat. The once and future boat? I also wanted to thank everyone that has emailed me and commented on my blogs, it means a ton to me and it is an inspiration to update this blog more often, Kudos to you!

But, what I really wanted to talk about was that I suddenly noticed a distinct difference in attitudes between my friends here in FL, and my friends elsewhere. I recently wrote how I felt many people were sort of looking down on the prospect, or promise in my case, to move aboard, family and close friends included. However, it's been my close friends here that have shown a different side. For the most part, they're either indifferent, or as the majority of them seem to be, enthusiastic for me. It's a nice change from what I was experiencing. The fact that many of my friends work in the marine retail industry has very little to do with this. (sarcasm included.)

I have a friend who lives on his boat here in St. Pete. He scraped and fought and struggled to get his 33 Hunter to live on and to move back to FL in. He's not only an inspiration, he's also a means of conveying my dream to others. People look at him and realize it's not some ludicrous idea to live on a floating home. They understand it's feasible and most of them are actually jealous of him. So with hope and determination I drive forward, even though I have to wake up in a couple of hours, all in the name of a dream.

No comments: